Development - Main poster

Skinny User

Written at 23 Sep 2008 on 16:30

I guess I don't know the term for the default poster that is seated in the upper left hand corner, the larger main image. Sometimes I will upload a USA poster for a USA movie, which in turn will show up as the second sequential image, while the main image will be, for example, a Russian poster. Or a sideways half sheet instead of the more aesthetically correct one sheet. Or the poster from the non-origin country (not neccesarily in a different language.)

So, is there a set criteria for what should ideally characterize that spot? And is there a method for requesting existing shifts from an awkward default poster to a more definitive one?
Martin Owner

Written at 23 Sep 2008 on 17:09

No, there are no official criteria for the primary poster (as we call it) yet. We try to to select the official one sheet from the country the movie was made in as much as we can. So for example, Burn After Reading should have the official US one sheet, Amelie the French one.

If you find a movie with an incorrect primary poster, you can click the 'Report an issue' in the upper right of a movie page.
Skinny User

Written at 24 Sep 2008 on 08:56

thanks
Martin Owner

Written at 24 Sep 2008 on 18:42

Thank you for your reports Skinny I changed 'em
This thread is closed.