Development - Advertisements

Skinny User

Written at 02 Oct 2008 on 11:39

So, are newspaper ads out? I've had them approved and I've had them rejected, but I have no clue which is correct. If they're a no, it's a waste of time and bandwidth uploading. Does it simply depend on who is approving? If so, that's rather not fair.

Also, with lobby cards...I've seen more than one at a time approved in the past for films without an existing poster, and I've seen all rejected but one. Which is the rule?

Rejections: is there any way to get a notification on which submissions are rejected?
lmaq Moderator

Written at 02 Oct 2008 on 14:38

AS always, if we donĀ“t have none , we can approve a newpasper ad. But i there are a real poster, no. It's a question , also, of the ad's quality . Some are parts of the originals or full of strange text.
that's my criterium, of course.
Komond Moderator

Written at 02 Oct 2008 on 20:36

Well, it depends of the newspaper ad quality, sure. But too the design, if it's just the original poster in B/W or very similar, then it's not interesting, but there are some that are quite different, and that's another thing.

About lobby cards, only the title one (that one always), and, if there's nothing else, any of the lobby cards. But the rest of lobby cards are just temporary, when we add a real poster, they will be deleted.
Skinny User

Written at 05 Oct 2008 on 00:59

What about a good newpaper (or pressbook) advertisemnet that is unique...can it stay even with posters or will it be purged if posters exist? I hope not the latter, as some ads are better than some posters.
Komond Moderator

Written at 05 Oct 2008 on 17:29

Well, a really good scan of a pressbook cover is ok, but that's not the same than newspaper ads. Anyway, in that case, only the front cover.
Skinny User

Written at 09 Nov 2008 on 01:18

Twice now I've uploaded two ads for "The Mummy" (1932) with unique artwork different than any art here, and both times they were deleted with no comment. I usually move these files to another directory after I upload, so I have no clue how many or which pieces are approved or deleted, but it appears to be a waste of my time to even bother.
Martin Owner

Written at 09 Nov 2008 on 02:22

I reapproved them.

Crane I see you deleted them, do you remember why?
Crane User

Written at 09 Nov 2008 on 11:02

Oh God, I don't know. Yayks, I don't even remember them

If that was me, sorry Skinny.
Skinny User

Written at 24 Nov 2008 on 21:50

So advertisements getting deleted again. (sigh) I give up,..more trouble than it is worth.
Skinny User

Written at 25 Nov 2008 on 10:43

OK then, I'll just upload when I need credits from now on. (sigh)
lmaq Moderator

Written at 25 Nov 2008 on 10:53

i delete. All have a lot good posters, and ads. are really poor. Big, but without interest.
it's my opinion, of course.
Skinny User

Written at 25 Nov 2008 on 17:41

It's irrelevant now, too many chiefs and uploads are up to the fancy of whichever moderator happens to like or dislike an item. Again, I'll only upload in the future if my credits run out, and I'll only upload standard, non-offensive one sheets at that time so there will be no more of this. Loads of fun.
Skinny User

Written at 30 Nov 2008 on 07:26

So I assume since there has been no response from Martin or others, then the previous rule that advertisements were OK can be ignored if a moderator simply decides he doesn't like ads?

Jeez, shame there isn't another site like this that has an interest in my collection of posters and such. But I can take a hint. See you guys later, then.
Martin Owner

Written at 30 Nov 2008 on 21:01

I replied to your PM Skinny (which was the first one by the way) in a perfectly reasonable way...
Skinny User

Written at 30 Nov 2008 on 23:04

When I said no response from you, I meant in this thread. Sorry for the rant.