Development - WebService or XML API?

Written at 01 May 2009 on 08:38

I want to show the posters on a mash up, is their a possibility to show them using an xml interface or something like that?
Martin Owner

Written at 01 May 2009 on 15:33

You can only request one poster for each movie using the embedding tool.
Bruji User

Written at 05 Jul 2009 on 22:08

Hi,

I am an independent Mac developer and Movie Poster Database has recently been all the talk over on our forums. We would like to formally request that the API be expanded to handle requests for a list of all the possible posters for a certain movie, including country information and language if possible. As well as contribution access for uploading images. We could then develop a close integration with Movie Poster Database from DVDpedia, our Mac OS X program.

We would be very interested in providing the best posters to our customers and helping Movie Posters grow by allowing our meticulous and dedicated movie collectors easy contribution access to Movie Posters. In fact in the long run it would be nice if the API even had access to large resolution paid covers by having a way to authenticate users via the API (which already might be necessary for the upload in order to give credit to contributors if they so desire; although that could be done on the login name alone, without the need for authentication).

Hope you consider this for the future. You have a great site!
Komond Moderator

Written at 06 Jul 2009 on 00:44

Bruji, thank you for thinking in MoviePosterDB. I would like to tell you that right now the webmasters are on holidays so those who take these decisions aren't here, and those who are here are just moderators like me.

They will be out for a pair of weeks, so I'm sorry right now I cannot answer you, but I would want you to know that if you don't receive an answer in this time it's not we are avoiding it.

Maybe it could happen they came here casually in these two weeks, but it's not sure, so I wouldn't wait for a serious answer in that time. I will personally message them about this to be sure if they connect they see your suggestion. Hope this won't suppose a big deal.

Thank you and I will try you receive an answer as soon as possible.
Bruji User

Written at 06 Jul 2009 on 15:26

Thank you for the update. Tell them to enjoy their holidays and glad to hear it will get some consideration when they get back.
Martin Owner

Written at 27 Jul 2009 on 17:11

Hmm I'll need to think this over. To create such an API would be a lot of work, but it'd probably be a good investment.

I'll think it over
Martin Owner

Written at 24 Dec 2010 on 22:00

Topic out of date, API is created.
This thread is closed.