Development - Why limit the DB to posters that were rendered in

Written at 04 Aug 2010 on 19:13

I have at least ten beauties that will never apparently make it to your vault because their original posters were rendered in LANDSCAPE mode (in other words, they are wider than they are high).

For no good reason that I can think of you're restricting a huge library of posters whose artist's apparent crime is that they designed the poster -- quite deliberately -- to adopt the anamorphic (widescreen) orientation that our very monitors have adopted.

I can't wait to hear the excuse for this lol.

v
lmaq Moderator

Written at 04 Aug 2010 on 20:04

you mean something like this?
:http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/97284ad1
or more lanscape?.
You simply turn the poster 90ยบ with the viewer or editor (right or left) ,... and upload.

Written at 04 Aug 2010 on 20:41

Ah! Got it!

Imaq, I'm having trouble uploading (anything really). None of my uploads exceed 4.8 mbs and none of them exceed 5000 pixels on their longest edge, so I'm just totally confused. I get

Error!
Width must be bigger than 300 pixels, height must be smaller than 5000 pixels and height has to be bigger then width. Also the file may not be bigger than 5 million bytes.
Drarakel User

Written at 06 Aug 2010 on 15:28

Are you sure that you rotated the actual image? Perhaps the software where you did this only changed the orientation in the EXIF tags (then it can get displayed as it was rotated - but the actual image data is not).
Cesar User

Written at 08 Oct 2010 on 04:22

You have to rotate these "landscape" images to 90 degrees, then save them as JPEG (not Bitmap,GIF,TIF,PNG,or TGA). That saved file should be the one to be uploaded, not the original or unmodified one.
Rename this newly saved-file too from your original one so you won't be confused when your browsing your files before uploading.
Usually add a suffix letter or number from the original title or name on this newly saved file to distinguish it from the original one.
I hope this helps.