General - Copyright?

sammy2611 User

Written at 29 Aug 2008 on 14:52

Hi

Does anyone know where we stand with copyright for these posters? For examlple are we infringing copyright by dowonloading and printing out?

Also where do we stand with downloading a poster, changing it (for example putting your friends face on) and printing out? Is this against copywright too?
Komond Moderator

Written at 30 Aug 2008 on 00:42

At least, not in my country (Spain), if you don't sell them here is legal, so it depends where. For example, I remember in Malta, when you 'rent' a movie, they directly copy it to you forever, in the shop/blockbuster, legally, and I also remember going to a theather and, before the movie started watched "DivX player" logo...yeah...Malta is a weird place, I know. So the country means a lot for those things.

Anyway, about putting the faces of your friends on it... I don't think that could be illegal.

Edit: About the DivX player logo, I must say too that it was only in one movie, I went to see another one and it didn't appear, so may not all cinemas there do that, but some do.
jayef User

Written at 31 Aug 2008 on 04:52

yea if its for personal use, you don't have to worry about. as long you don't try to sell printed posters, everything is fine. even there are alot of peeps selling printed posters, but that's their thing.

Written at 17 Sep 2008 on 03:31

Along these same lines, I wanted to have prints made of a couple of the high res pictures offered on this site but no business will make prints if the photos have copyrights.
zoras User

Written at 21 Sep 2008 on 19:39

olá, sou brasileiro, e não escrevo em inglês, mas creio que a questão co copyright neste caso seja relativa, aqui não é feito o comércio dos posters, eles estão exposto, como que se fosse um museu. E nós que apreciamos esta forma de arte aqui estamos para poder nos deliciar com a exposição.
Komond Moderator

Written at 22 Sep 2008 on 03:19

zoras wrote:
ol�, sou brasileiro, e n�o escrevo em ingl�s, mas creio que a quest�o co copyright neste caso seja relativa, aqui n�o � feito o com�rcio dos posters, eles est�o exposto, como que se fosse um museu. E n�s que apreciamos esta forma de arte aqui estamos para poder nos deliciar com a exposi��o.

[I tried to translate it, I don't know Portuguese but I understood what you say so... well, don't get use to it because I won't be always able to do it]

Zoras message in English (sorry if I mistake something):
Hi, I'm Brazilian, and I don't talk in English, but I think this question of copyright in this case is relative, here is not illegal selling posters, they are exposed as it was a museum. And we people who appreciate this form of art here are able to enjoy with the exposition.