General - Size of Poster Downloads

Murray User

Written at 23 Nov 2008 on 13:18

What is the range of the poster sizes on this site after printing? and is it possible to download the files for full size posters ( ie, UKquad / US one sheet) from this site? If not, are there any other sites where I can find them..?

Cheers,

Murray
jr-design User

Written at 23 Nov 2008 on 22:00

you know, buying an original would be easier than printing a poster in full size
Murray User

Written at 24 Nov 2008 on 04:36

If only... I'm based in Nepal, where it's impossible to buy full size posters and the postal service is so unreliable that anything I buy from abroad is liable to disapear. Hence my search on the net. My original query still stands and I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Murray
Martin Owner

Written at 24 Nov 2008 on 10:33

I've seen a download of a The Dark Knight poster once which was over 100 mb. Don't remember where though

edit: it was this one: http://media.whysoserious.com/poster.jpg
Komond Moderator

Written at 24 Nov 2008 on 23:55

Martin wrote:
I've seen a download of a The Dark Knight poster once which was over 100 mb. Don't remember where though

edit: it was this one: http://media.whysoserious.com/poster.jpg

100mb??? Omg... incredible. I will download it just for try, but I guess Photoshop will take about....one year to open it.
Murray User

Written at 25 Nov 2008 on 07:15

Cheers for the tip. I've downloaded a few from this site so will give them a try. If anyone has done this before, please let me know how they turned out

Written at 27 Nov 2008 on 17:16

I have a poster printing business and I print them all the time anything in the 2000 x 3000 pixels works best but I have made acceptable posters with smaller sizes but you can see some degradation sometimes it depends on the how good the original file looks (how it was scanned) I can print up to 60 inches wide by ever how long you need it, I can also do wall murals and scan stuff up to 40 inches wide if anyone wants anything they got copied I would be glad to offer my services. If you have a home theater I can also do you light box posters for you with backlit material we can do all forms of printing . Email me at uniquedesignz@bellsouth.net

Thank You,
Richard