General - Question on downloading posters

Written at 19 May 2009 on 01:32

Is it possible to download a poster from here and then get it printed at a place so that it looks just like a movie poster? Has anyone tried this before Thanks!!
jr-design User

Written at 19 May 2009 on 14:51

moviegoods use this database to download, print and sell movie posters in 27 x 40 size without copyrights, so if it's answering to your question, yes you can print them but it's not allowed
Crane User

Written at 19 May 2009 on 16:33

I think he can print them, but not for sale.

Written at 19 May 2009 on 20:13

Whoa, jackpot! Thanks for the help
HardHead User

Written at 19 Jun 2009 on 09:09

Exactly, You can copy for personal use but selling them would be copyright infringement
Hiratana User

Written at 02 Jul 2009 on 12:21

Hi, I have a question !
I was very excited when I found movieposterdb.com because I thought that I can actually BUY posters from here, but then I saw your posts in the forum. I don't understand can I buy the posters and mail them to myself or do I just download an image and if so what is the diffrence between downloading the poster and just coping it on my computer ?
Can somebody please explain this to me?
Komond Moderator

Written at 02 Jul 2009 on 16:01

Here we only have pictures, not selling posters. There's no difference with a picture you can find in other pages really, I mean, most of these pictures can be found in the internet with patiente (lots and lots of patiente). What we do here is putting all together, organized it, and we empower people to participate uploading pictures, in change for credits for downloading other pictures (his effort searching pictures for others is rewarded with the effort made by others putting the pictures he wanted).

You can buy credits, that's mainly a way that people that doesn't want to effort searching pictures but like the page and the system can help us with the cost of the service (specially the server).

If you can download the same poster just searching using google or some other thing, perfect. But when you are no so lucky searching, or you don't find it with the quality you wanted, you will possibly find it here, in a place made with lots of effort. Just try to find some poster we don't have and other could want sometime in the future. If you don't want to help that way, then you could buy credits and help with the cost of the server.

And anyway, we are a database, and all posters are absolutely free to have in 300px (copying the picture right from the browser), so you can use the page to know what designs are in the world for a movie and help you to know what you want to search in the internet.

Hope it helps
Hiratana User

Written at 02 Jul 2009 on 21:38

Wow Thanks so much ! Yes thank you that realy helped me
I am kind of disapointed because I really wanted to buy manu posters but I guess I can work with printing them too. Oh I have on more question please (sorry if I am annoyingsmile: You sead that I can copy the pictures in 300px. If I download the picture instead of just saving it will it be in diffrent px? Will it look better when I print it if I download it or it doesn't matter ?
Thanks for keeping up with me
Komond Moderator

Written at 03 Jul 2009 on 01:44

It depends on the px the download version has. There are some that are 300px, as that was the quality sent, but the most are bigger. I wouldn't print a 300px never, it's a good preview, but nothing more.

The px of the download version are always in the information page, for example:

Added on: 2009-07-02 23:12:28
Added by: cdyk
Resolution: 2160 x 3200 pixels
Filesize: 1612.3 kb

Downloads: 0 (0 mb)
Category: Poster

And I don't really know how much would be good for printing, and the pictures here are not really intented for that, are mostly for digital use... If you still want to print, it depends on too many facts: pixels, quality of compression (in this information the filesize can help), size you want to print, the printer, the paper, your eye (for you it can be great and for other it may be disgusting)...

If you want the best quality for a print it would be better to buy it printed, maybe to have an enough good printed poster you don't only need the picture, but the knowledge and the printer for it.

I don't know if some other user could help you better, I only use my printer for university really