General - Looking for large image database

tangobravo User

Written at 05 Aug 2009 on 18:53

Hi there

I'm a PhD student in computer vision at the University of Cambridge, and to test my method I'm looking for a large collection of images. Movie posters would be perfect as I am thinking of producing a demonstration system based on these anyway. They do not have to be super high-resolution, but somewhere around 1000 pixels for the longest side would be good.

I've been invited to submit a paper to the "International Journal of Computer Vision" (one of the top journals in the field) and would obviously acknowledge anyone who could help me obtain a suitable image collection.

One of the things I need to investigate is how my method scales with large image collections, so ideally I'm looking for somewhere around 10000 images, and can't really afford to buy that many credits! Can anyone help me out?

If you're interested in the kind of thing I'm doing, my research homepage is here:
http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~sjt59/hips.html

The video at the bottom shows a few different images being recognised - the coloured boxes are just to show when it works, but they could be replaced with anything (eg 3D models related to the film could be made to appear "attached" to the poster when viewed with a mobile phone, and these virtual objects could also be made interactive).

I'll check back on the forum and PMs for any replies over the next week, or you can email me at sjt59 (remove this bit for spam) at (and this) cam.ac.uk

Thanks for any help

Simon
DrPeach User

Written at 07 Aug 2009 on 17:37

You've come to the right place right here. Just click on Filter (second to last tab in the upper left), select P::Resolution for website restriction, then wherever you browse you'll have the size images you want.