General - movie poster forum

bosnuk User

Written at 10 Aug 2009 on 14:15

I was browsing Movie Poster Forums recently and found this topic with Martin and DrPeach vs. everyone else.
Okay, let's put the legal crap aside, the copyright laws are different everywhere. That wasn't the best part of the discussion.
What really amazes me is that everyone on that forum believes that a lousy 2000x3000 jpeg can be used as a good source for a reprint! Basically all the accusations were built on this. These reprints should look really bad. Such an image may look OK on a A4 or an A3, good for a cubicle, but of course not on a full-size one-sheet.

This story - about Moviegoods selling reprints made from Heritage jpegs - sounds too wild to be true. Can anyone confirm this?
Komond Moderator

Written at 11 Aug 2009 on 21:21

I don't know if Moviegoods is doing that or if they make the copy from originals they have. It's true that some customs were supposely only uploaded here and they are printed there, but isn't less true that I've seen some customs made and upload here in other sites as once they are download they can appear anywhere.

But, if it's real that Moviegoods print our pictures, not other better than these or no some they made with originals, I guess the quality of their One Sheets must be horrible, and I would really want to see some of those prints. I'm starting to think about printing one in One Sheet just to look at the crap result, but I still don't want to do it so much to lose the money the print could cost me.