Development - issue and solution with embed.php in IE8

isaac User

Written at 11 Dec 2013 on 16:06

I had an issue with the embed.php javascript include. And thought I would let everyone know my experience and how I fixed it in case it would help someone else.

currently my site uses it, and it works in all browsers except ie8. For some reason if I have that javascript included the page actually crashes IE8. If I remove the javascript include and don't show the poster the page works perfectly fine.

The bug is in IE dealing with the javascript trying to document.write before the rest of the dom is done loading.

After some testing I found a javascript library called postscribe. This library will let you pass in a call to a script file like the embed.php and tell it what div by ID you want to place the results in. and you just have to have that call in a jquery function run after load.

I've tested this on a couple different computers with different versions of IE and other browsers and it seems to work ok.

Again I just thought I would share this with others in case they were experiencing the same issue.
Pure User

Written at 11 Dec 2013 on 16:57

Thank you for sharing the info, maybe it will be useful to someone in the future!
This thread is closed.