Development - Small bugs with the new layout?

Drarakel User

Written at 02 Aug 2009 on 23:21

Perhaps some of that is caused by my browser/system. (But I don't think so.) Anyway, I noticed these small problems after the new layout/features of MoviePosterDB were online:

- The image types (poster, cover, etc.) of my pending uploads are not displayed anymore. Or does that mean that the data has all vanished?
The uploads section of my user account does look like this:

- Poster details: There are some edit buttons next to the country and 'other notes' lines [openCountryEditField()/openCommentEditField()]. Example:

(That's from here: Girl in Room 13)
Was that intended? (The buttons are not working. I'm just wondering..)

- With these 'other notes' (see example above)... I don't understand why suddenly all these comments are appearing on the website. Or was I blind and they were already displayed before the new layout?
You know, I sometimes type some rather long comments with my uploads (for the moderators!). All this appearing on the website now is a bit strange..

For your info, I'm using Firefox (3.0.12) on Windows XP. (With Internet Explorer, there are even more problems. But I blame that on my old, normally unused IE.)
Martin Owner

Written at 03 Aug 2009 on 01:44

Thanks a lot, fixed those issues

As for the comments: yeah I decided to use them more. As for now you indeed see your own uploading comments, but moderators can change them so in the future it's more for interesting notes on the posters.

Martin

PS: can you tell me about your IE issues? Or maybe post a screenshot? Thanks...
Drarakel User

Written at 03 Aug 2009 on 17:45

Thanks for fixing!

One other tiny remark:
The "image type"-pictures are back on the recent uploads on the main page (solved here, I think). But they are still missing with the latest uploads on the user profiles, aren't they? No image type and only the country code:

But it's all there when clicking on "more" uploads:

Regarding the comments:
Of course it's good that there can be more image details now (format, other notes). But before the new layout came, personally I never included comments that should appear on the website. I don't think that you want such comments to be seen by all the normal users:
Example
Drarakel User

Written at 03 Aug 2009 on 18:19

Regarding the IE issues:
As I said, I'm on Windows XP. The IE version is 6.0 (SP2).
Now I don't think that I'm the ideal candidate for testing with the IE - personally I don't use that anymore. (But probably there are still users with IE 6.0.)
That being said, here are some problems that I have on my machine with the IE:

Screenshots of the main page:
With FF:

With IE:

- It seems that the general layout is not fully adopted with the IE. Probably some of the other problems are just a result of that.
- What's that "no hotlinking"? LOL (I'm not always getting this.)
- I can't reach most of the user settings. I have to type in the URLs directly (user, user/login, user/logout). If I mark the user box in the upper right corner of the MoviePosterDB, I see some leftovers of the normal text:

Some other examples with the layout:
On a user profile:

The poster pages:

- The transparency of the small png images doesn't work. But I think, that's a general problem of the older IE versions.

(You could set the background color in some PNGs. Don't know if that's worth it.)

Perhaps you can use some of that..
Drarakel User

Written at 05 Sep 2009 on 17:11

Hi!

Regarding the comments (sorry to bug you people again with this):
Can a mod delete these comments/other notes here? (Or is this not deletable by a normal mod?)
http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/babaec07
http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/628c5b59
(A note like "german re-release 2008" could be added - but the complete extra-long comment for approving is not necessary here, I think. )
Thank you!

Perhaps separate fields in the upload form for other notes and for approving comments are possible?

Edit:
Noticed that the comments were deleted/changed now. Thanks again!