General - The list of title removed by the request of copyright owner

frnkitoz Moderator

Written at 27 Feb 2016 on 21:26

no se puede "Robar" desde sitios de prensa.. Yo, por ejemplo, soy prensa y tengo acceso a muchos sitios y todo lo que hay para descargar es para que vos como medio lo publiques en todos lados.
micio684 User

Written at 28 Feb 2016 on 11:06

These things are crazy !!! The disney lose money because they publish their posters? I can not believe they went that far .... Company millionaire crying for such trifles. The Disney Pictures are scattered throughout the web, what do we do? we close the web? Shame !!!!
NFYN Editor

Written at 28 Feb 2016 on 14:15

any good news ..please
kirstgrafx User

Written at 28 Feb 2016 on 15:25

Consult a copyright lawyer (or at least talk to some students in law school) and see what your options you have. The first thing that comes to mind is you might be able to keep the images by doing it for free under something like "academic fair use" or "scholarly review." Obviously not the best option when trying to maintain a site but I'm betting there are other legal options.
Martin Owner

Written at 01 Mar 2016 on 14:46

I have come to an agreement with Disney about the damages fee and the € 10.524 euro is off the table! So that's very good news

I've also asked them if I can start showing 500-pixel thumbnails again. Furthermore I have proposed a deal in which Disney downloads cost a few more credits, and I pay them a fee per download. Fingers crossed!
Kungjaevel User

Written at 01 Mar 2016 on 20:37

0% chance of them accepting that. It also makes the posters unattractive to me since they're too small. I still think going private would be a much better solution. But if they accept it's better than nothing I guess.
Martin Owner

Written at 01 Mar 2016 on 21:09

Why do you think there's a 0% chance of them accepting that? I still don't see why they'd have a problem with images being displayed as 500px thumbnails. And some sort of licensing wouldn't be different from a company that prints and sells posters, right?

Anyway for now I'm just really happy I don't have to pay that 10k
Kungjaevel User

Written at 01 Mar 2016 on 21:48

Big corporations like these are usually ruthless about you not using any of their content what so ever. Doesn't matter if the picture is tiny, it's still property of Disney. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

"Anyway for now I'm just really happy I don't have to pay that 10k
Kungjaevel User

Written at 01 Mar 2016 on 21:49

Hmm, my reply was messed up in the end. Meant to say that I'm happy you didn't have to pay 10k regardless of the outcome of this!
emesvau Editor

Written at 02 Mar 2016 on 21:59

Martin wrote:
I have come to an agreement with Disney about the damages fee and the € 10.524 euro is off the table! So that's very good news
[...]

That's good news
JJxiv1215 User

Written at 03 Mar 2016 on 01:21

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to resolve the matter with Disney on your own.

Written at 14 Mar 2016 on 02:44

Any news about this?
shootemup Editor

Written at 20 Mar 2016 on 17:01

How to make the site private?
anakin022 User

Written at 14 Apr 2016 on 09:40

So, now that Universal Studios posters are gone too, I have the feeling that this is the beginning of the end of CineMaterial.

Am I right, Martin?
Martin Owner

Written at 02 May 2016 on 13:47

Well I hope not of course!

The frustrating thing is that both studio's are not open to ideas at all. As I may have said before, I proposed to remove their HD images and only display 500px thumbnails, so that the collection is at least complete. That is still the main purpose of this website, to give a complete overview of movie poster history. But although those thumbnails are all over the web anyway it wasn't okay with them.
The guy from the legal department at Disney I had contact with promised to send everything over to their licensing department, but I've never heard anything back (it's been over 2 months now, perhaps I should remind him again)

I don't know, perhaps you users can send some messages to Disney/Universal? When I asked downloaders two months ago what they intended to do with the downloaded images I got a lot of very nice replies, and almost none of them printed the images as posters (which was Disneys concern).
DVLight Editor

Written at 05 May 2016 on 09:29

Old Yeller 1957
DVLight Editor

Written at 05 May 2016 on 10:11

Savage Sam 1963
DVLight Editor

Written at 06 May 2016 on 12:35

Jaws 1975
shootemup Editor

Written at 06 May 2016 on 18:11

Alice Through the Looking Glass 2016