General - Missing Posters

hickeyink User

Written at 18 Jul 2009 on 13:12

There was a spiderman 3 poster he is sitting on a building its raining he is in his blue and red spiderman costume and there is an exact one but its of venom, anyone have that in high res?

there is also a captain america poster thats gone?

I need it desperately

Anyone have it or can send it to me in high res please contact me at

paul@hickeyink.com
Komond Moderator

Written at 19 Jul 2009 on 14:07

Are you talking about some version of this one:

I didn't know there was a blue/red version, but surely it was a custom and that's why it was deleted. Same thing with captaim america poster, that was surely another custom.
Treegate User

Written at 15 Aug 2009 on 09:18

The black Spider-Man style that Komond posted in his response was not a theatrical style, but it was an officially made poster by Sony. It was originally a poster that Sony was going to hand out at the San Diego Comic-Con the year before the summer before Spider-Man 3 was released, but it was decided not to release it to the convention, and it wasn't released theatrically. Also, only single-sided versions were made, no double-sided exist. There are two versions of that poster, both feature the same artwork.

One style is a plain finish, the other is a matte finish whereas the rain drops have a matte coating to them. Sony used this same technique on the actual theatrical styles as well.

Hickey, if you were inquiring to a blue/red-suited Spider-Man 3 poster looking the same exact way as the one above, then it isn't authentic, and merely a bootleg.

If you mean the poster that has both the red/blue-suited Spider-Man on one side and the black-suited Spider-Man reflecting in the windows, then that is the theatrical style. There are a very different versions of it as well.

Jon
Emerald City Movie Posters