General - Uploads rejected

Written at 05 Jan 2010 on 00:40

I uploaded 3 posters for Coraline which were rejected. I know very little about movie posters but I suppose you would call them peripheral posters, much like the Eric Tan ones I've seen on this site for other films. They were 'theatre posters' for two of the characters' backstory and were downloaded from the official site. Is this type of poster unacceptable?
Komond Moderator

Written at 06 Jan 2010 on 04:02

I don't think they were unacceptable, but I don't know exactly the posters you are talking about. But if they were in the official site, downloaded brom there (so I guess quality was good), and you are sure we don't have it already (do you have some filter on?)... then I guess it was some mistake. Anyway, if the moderator that refuse them reads this will tell you better.

Tell me about the filter by the way, it's easier that it looks to have it on and thinking the posters aren't there when they are.

Komond Moderator

Written at 06 Jan 2010 on 05:38

Ok, I read your report that was more specific and I think these are the posters you uploaded:

When you said here "theatre posters" I thought you were trying to say theatre as cinema, not as theatre, and forgot about those two characters. Now, I can say:

-Surely it was a mistake (thought they were customs, sent to an incorrect movie,...).
-Of course, they are absolutely correct uploads (there's no difference between those and the Ratatouille, The Incredibles and Wall-E we have). So please, upload them again. Hope me, or a mod that has read this, approved them.

You can add in comments something like this:

"Official vintage poster designs for Spink and Forcible characters of the movie, from their golden years of stage".

It's a mixture between the relevant information (official design, characters of the movie) and the text next to them in the website.
It will be useful: for moderators, as they will know there's no mistake or custom, for users, as they will know what are those posters when they look Coraline collection.
lmaq Moderator

Written at 06 Jan 2010 on 22:11

In my opinion, this "material" is not a movie poster.
It´s from the official site, but the official posters are really different.
They are perfect for Picture DB.
It's an opinion, of course.

Written at 06 Jan 2010 on 23:43

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll re-upload with your suggested comment.
Komond Moderator

Written at 07 Jan 2010 on 03:20

lmaq wrote:
In my opinion, this "material" is not a movie poster.
It�s from the official site, but the official posters are really different.
They are perfect for Picture DB.
It's an opinion, of course.

Then why we have all those Ratatouille, Wall-E, Incredibles, Up... posters? For example, Ratatouille were no real posters, but posters that appear in the movie, so in fact... these are no different than them.

I understand your point, but if Coraline's aren't movie posters, those aren't too. And maybe these virals aren't too:

So then the point maybe would be... should we refuse them all, or should we approve them all? But right now, I wouldn't really know how could I say SpinnersLibrarian than those aren't acceptable having the others already uploaded.

This is a vintage poster for a character in Up in his golden years.

This is a vintage poster for characters in Coraline in their golden years.

None of them are movie posters, of course, that's out of question.
lmaq Moderator

Written at 07 Jan 2010 on 13:14

Yes. I don't approve this posters, and I can understand why they are.
They are many more..... and maybe some are upload by mods...
I say, it's an opinion.

Written at 22 Mar 2010 on 22:35

me to, i don't know why moderator always refuse my uploads, and i always follow mpdb rules,if there is another way to get credits please tell me...
lmaq Moderator

Written at 23 Mar 2010 on 02:01

All posters refused are repeated. And worst than the previous ones.
They are USA posters, not indonesian.
So, you don´t follow the rules.

It's easy, you must upload new, or better posters.