Movies - The Greatest Poster

Logo_UP User

Written at 20 Nov 2008 on 03:18

What is the Greatest Movie Poster of All Time? Is it because of the imagery? The colour? Or the best looking one? What do you all think?

The greatest poster in my opinion has to be the Dark Knight, where Batman is shown in front of a building with the Bat symbol burning. The whole layout is just breathtaking and there are heaps of reasons why its The Greatest Poster.

What is the Greatest Movie Poster of All Time?
mwise User

Written at 23 Nov 2008 on 09:04

i can tell you im a fan of posters that have one image that the whole movie will be recognized by.... i guess your bat symbol is a good example... theres very little else that such a symbol could be... my favorite one ever would have to be the matrix revolutions poster with code on top spelling out "everything that has a beginning has an end" ... it doesn't even tell you the name of the movie but you know what it is

Written at 06 Jan 2010 on 04:47

i've always like the 'alien' poster and how the imagery (an egg and some plasticine) has nothing to do with the film and yet it conjures up exactly how the film feels.
TunaKaan User

Written at 11 Jan 2010 on 17:50

Yeah, the Alien poster is one of my favorites.
MovieGuru User

Written at 12 Mar 2010 on 23:20

My Most Favorite is the poster for "The Lord Of The Rings:The Fellowship Of The Ring" with the fellowship's dark figures are shown walking in a single file.
juli888 User

Written at 06 Jul 2010 on 12:38

The Greatest Poster - it of Avatar!

Written at 28 Aug 2010 on 12:46

My Top Five are
1.Starwars Episode 1 "the shadow Vader"
2.Lord of the Rings "the Argonauts"
3.Indiana Jones 1,2,3
4.The Last Samurai
5.Lethal Weapon "is it the red or the blue wire?"

Rain User

Written at 31 Aug 2010 on 07:57

My Top Five Designer
1.BLT & Associates
2.The Ant Farm
3.The Cimarron Group
4.Crew Creative Advertising
5.Concept Arts

Rain User

Written at 31 Aug 2010 on 07:58

My Top Five are
1.Starwars Episode 1 "the shadow Vader in the desert"
2.Lord of the Rings "the Argonauts"
3.Indiana Jones 1,2,3
4.The Last Samurai
5.Lethal Weapon "is it the red or the blue wire?"

konkon User

Written at 24 Dec 2010 on 10:45

Fight Club, best movie and best poster!
Nicknick User

Written at 18 Sep 2011 on 20:46

I might be old fashioned, but nothing competes with Hitchcok movie posters Hitchcock movie posters
Especially this one:

dinoleox1 User

Written at 02 Jan 2013 on 15:58

The greatest poster of all time (in my opnion)is the poster from The Thing (1982).Man,i buy in this poster in 2010,and worth the price....
DuranDuran User

Written at 31 Jan 2014 on 23:13

barbarella the Japanese version.
LadyOscar3 User

Written at 02 Feb 2014 on 13:19

For me the Italian version from "Escape from New York"

http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/a12bde5f

Written at 01 May 2014 on 22:06

My favorite is still Drew Struzan's poster for the original "Back to the Future" film. Its a classic piece, and will hopefully remain one for many more years to come. It'd be great if he came out of retirement though, to do a revamp for the film's 30th anniversary next year.