Site news - Where did the number of times that a poster has been downloaded?

LadyOscar3 User

Written at 20 Jul 2012 on 22:06

Sorry for my English.
I noticed that with the visual interface of the site was taken off the number of times that a poster / cover has been downloaded into his life since he is in the database ... truly gratifying to me and pushed me to send posters to see that someone in the world appreciated and downloaded what I sent.

You could re-enter this information?.

Written at 21 Jul 2012 on 01:41

Yeah Ladyoscar is right.. after this latest update of the site, we are not able to see how many times an individual poster has been downladed by users. Hope it is back up again.

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 06:15

That`s what I thought too!

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 17:49

I'm agree with that
LadyOscar3 User

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 20:37

Italiano
Siamo tutti degli esseri umani... penso come la totalità di tutti gli uploader lo facciamo più per la "gloria" che per i "soldi"... sarò forse anche un po' narcisista... ma ripeto, siamo esseri umani.

Ridateci la "gloria"

---------------------

English
We are all human beings ... I think as the totality of all the uploaders do more for the "glory" for "money" ... I am perhaps a little 'narcissistic ... but then again, we are human beings.

Bring back the "glory"
Martin Owner

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 21:46

Okay,

now everybody can see again how many downloads an image has. However, when it's downloaded more than 10 times it only shows 10+.

Martin

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 23:04

>> However, when it's downloaded more than 10 times it only shows 10+.
And nothing can be done with this?
LadyOscar3 User

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 23:04

Thanks, but no one could do +100?
LadyOscar3 User

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 23:11

For me - but I think for many - this is an important thing (more than many others)
LadyOscar3 User

Written at 22 Jul 2012 on 23:30

Oddly enough, the fact shows the number of downloads was one of the things that made this site different from others, and makes it - in my opinion - perhaps the most important in the world in its category. I sent the posters I - always just - here for that reason.

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 00:09

However, when it's downloaded more than 10 times it only shows 10+.

How come?
Martin Owner

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 00:32

I'll discuss this with jayef.

Why exactly is it so important for you guys? Is it only about seeing who downloaded your own uploads? Or all posters?
LadyOscar3 User

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 07:31

Those personal, but also others, you can not go the same like before? was more beautiful.

Add that it would be good even a rank as that of the number of poster / cover present for each user in the database (for example I are in the position 58 http://www.movieposterdb.com/stats/uploaders/2) BUT in this case for overall number of poster / cover downloaded.
hlywdkjk User

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 20:25

"Why is it important?"

As a site created around "user-generated content", it was the only method of knowing whether the content a user uploaded was popular with the greater membership.

There are some members whose reason for being here is to add to the database rather than just accrue credits. For me this is especially true in regard to historical posters and the work of particular artists. I took pride in the knowledge the Dracula (1931) image I uploaded in 2009 has been downloaded nearly 40 times.

While the staff may think of this site as a commercial enterprise, some members participate to help create a useful reference site. It has been nice to know that the time and energy a member puts in to add unique or rare images to the database has been noticed and appreciated by others.

It only takes a DVD cover to earn credits. But adding a quality poster image that is popular with the membership is a particularly special achievement.

Measuring / comparing downloads was the one honest method of recognition available to members who provide this site with content at no cost.

Martin Owner

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 20:56

Okay I see what you guys mean.

I just changed it so at least you can see the exact number of downloads on your own uploads. Whether or not you will be able to see it again for ALL posters depends on my discussion with jayef, but he's on a a holiday now.

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 21:14

I agree with "hlywdkjk" in regard to this site's user goal of making it a "useful future reference site". Me being on this site since somedays I noticed that my posters as well as of many other "common" users are given very less Priority in being moderated as early as possible.
I had uploaded 10 posters since 2 days now and only 1 got moderated and rest are in pending still. I could understand the delay if the moderators werent available(being busy and not able to) but thats not the case as they have been regularly uploading and moderating there own posters in 100's (check the uploaded posters since 2/3 days where 60-70% are moderator uploaded posters). So the bottomline is common user posters are less important then the moderator uploaded posters.
Instead of the site administrators being thankful to us users for uploading free posters on this site its the other way around where sadly WE have to thank them for uploading our posters. Sammy
Martin Owner

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 21:29

Sammymaniac: I think that is a different issue not related to showing the number of downloads.

As the goal is to make it a "useful future reference site" it wouldn't matter whether posters are uploaded by moderators or user. However, I do understand it is frustrating to see your uploads are pending while others can upload. This is something we have been working on and as a result the total number of pending uploads (for all users combined) is now almost always under 200. That your own uploads from the last couple of days are moderated slower might be a case of bad luck. Or perhaps we need to look for an Indian moderator...
LadyOscar3 User

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 21:39

Thanks Martin

and I honor of my 2 most downloaded (and also my favorite)

http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/a3aecc26 105 dowloads
http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/e9ccda65 104 dwnloads

http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/a12bde5f 14 downloads (only...)

Seriously... THANK YOU! (in general)
Martin Owner

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 21:52

No problem! We are well aware that the power of this site is its users ;-)

As for that Escape From New York poster with 14 downloads: give it some time, it has only been up for a few weeks.

Your uploads look very good by the way, quality-wise!
Martin Owner

Written at 23 Jul 2012 on 23:27

Sammymaniac: I'm sure that if you focus on the best uploads only (good clear quality, no borders, no blowups, etcetera) they would be approved faster :-)