The Pub - Movie Picture DataBase

Martin Owner

Written at 07 Nov 2008 on 22:39

Hi!

the work on a new Movie Picture DataBase is currently in progress. Everything is going pretty well, and the website is expected to be opened for public somewhere in the end of 2008.
To make it the best website possible, I'd like it if you can give your own personal ideas about such a website. And indeed, that's what this topic is for

Features currently include:
- categorization (production stills, promo's, wallpapers, behind-the-scenes and lobby cards)
- possibility to warn for spoilers and/or nudity
- tag pictures (for actors and actresses)
- possibility to add a copyright note to a picture
- create sets (collections) of pictures (nice to have a set with Joker pictures for example)
- forum

Hope to see your reply,

Martin
Jox User

Written at 10 Nov 2008 on 11:36

interesting
pasakor User

Written at 11 Nov 2008 on 20:53

It would really be good if you could upload multiple pictures for the same movie at once.

Also while adding tags, it would be rally helpful to be able to add more than one at the same time, either by seperating them with coomas, or by having more fields to fill.

having said that, I really look forward to this. If there's a beta stage, I would love to try it out...
Crane User

Written at 11 Nov 2008 on 20:56

pasakor wrote:
It would really be good if you could upload multiple pictures for the same movie at once.
It is possible, now it's 5 pictures by once, but all 5 pictures will have the same tags, so it's the only "problem".
Martin Owner

Written at 11 Nov 2008 on 22:05

pasakor wrote:
Also while adding tags, it would be rally helpful to be able to add more than one at the same time, either by seperating them with commas, or by having more fields to fill.
Yeah this will work (and the multiple uploading also, as Crane said)...
pasakor User

Written at 11 Nov 2008 on 23:42

well then, thing are looking quite promising!!!
Jox User

Written at 15 Nov 2008 on 13:17

would the credits from the Poster DB be usable on the Picture DB and vice versa?
Martin Owner

Written at 15 Nov 2008 on 13:51

Nope...

But it's probably not gonna be hard to collect credits on the PictureDB in the beginning since it's still far, far from complete.
Martin Owner

Written at 15 Nov 2008 on 13:55

By the way, here's a small preview:

Image 1
Image 2
Jox User

Written at 15 Nov 2008 on 17:58

Looks good to me!
Steinninn User

Written at 16 Nov 2008 on 23:27

Can I use my old username?
Martin Owner

Written at 16 Nov 2008 on 23:31

You can use whatever you want
Steinninn User

Written at 17 Nov 2008 on 18:50

It would be nice if the two accounts can be merged togeather. All the passwords and avators are the same on PosterDB and PictureDB
Martin Owner

Written at 17 Nov 2008 on 18:52

Yeah but they are two different websites. Different accounts (credits are not interchangeable also) and a different server in the future.

So that's not gonna happen, sorry.
Steinninn User

Written at 21 Nov 2008 on 12:15

Lukely "Steinninn" was still available.

Written at 27 Nov 2008 on 17:21

When will you be able to buy credits?

Richard
Martin Owner

Written at 27 Nov 2008 on 23:01

Made it available this evening

Written at 28 Nov 2008 on 01:55

Thank You, I just bought some.

Richard
JollyRoger User

Written at 11 Apr 2009 on 01:53

Can you use your subscription from MoviePosterDB overthere?
Komond Moderator

Written at 26 Apr 2009 on 06:08

JollyRoger wrote:
Can you use your subscription from MoviePosterDB overthere?

They are separeted pages so everything in the system is done apart, included that. And credits earned in one page cannot be used in the other one.