Luigi Martinati

Pupil of the Florentine Academy of Fine Arts, he immediately devoted himself to illustration advertising, drawing, between 1923 and 1941, posters of various subjects (commercial advertising, tourism, etc. for events.). He worked in Rome serving as artistic director dell'IGAP (General Billboard Advertising Company), which also collaborated with Dudovich and Nizzoli. After the war he left the advertising industry to devote himself exclusively to the program of cinema. With Anselmo Ballester and Alfredo Capitani created the BCM study from which came many movie posters in a distinctly realist.
(Source: AA.VV., Catalog Bolaffi Manifesto Italian, Giulio Bolaffi Editore, Turin 1995)

This page displays our archive of 240 movie posters made by Luigi Martinati.